Director of PR & Media
Email NMCEMedia@gmail.com for 2021 Press Passes. Read below for rules of receiving a pass.
2022 PRESS PASS APPLICATIONS OPEN ON DECEMBER 1ST, 2021
Deadline: Friday, June 3, 2022
Media Requests and Press Badges are handled by Teresa Robinson of New Mexico Entertainment Magazine and The Bliss Effect Brand and Entertainment Management. Badges are issued per media outlet (team of 2) and are non-transferable. A media room will be available for interviews and photography. Interviews will be scheduled in advance allowing the artists and/or celebrities to plan accordingly. Roundtable interviews may be put in place instead of one-to-one interviews. Submitting an application DOES NOT guarantee approval. You CANNOT bring any professional camera, audio, or video equipment into the Expo without a Press Badge. You will be asked to return your equipment to your vehicle without a pass.
An email will also be sent in regards to where and when you can pick up your Press Badges. Please ensure that the email address you provide to us is a working email address. We ask that you also add NMCEMedia@gmail.com to your preferred addresses so emails arrive in your inbox instead of your spam folder.
New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ reserves the right to approve or deny any application. This decision is final and cannot be appealed. Include any and all information in your application that will allow the New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ Press Office to make an informed decision, as you will not be able to submit further information later on if your application is not approved.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT:
● Your Press Badge does not allow you to cut lines.
● Your Press Badge does not allow early access into the building, special access or guaranteed seating unless prior arrangements have been made.
● Your Press Badge does not allow free access into any events requiring an additional ticket unless prior arrangements have been made.
● Each Press Badge is issued per media outlet. Names listed in the group must check in personally to receive their Badge. Check-in for media badges will be on Thursday, October 28th. If you do not pick up your badges on this day you will lose your credentials. Individuals applying for a New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ Press Badge may only apply once.
● There is no onsite registration. Press Badges are limited in nature and issued only to media outlets and media professionals. Badges are NOT issued to children, family, or guests. If approved media are found giving badges to unapproved individuals they will have their badges revoked.
● Outlets will be expected to supply examples of work.
Press Badges for New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ are being made available for the following media outlets:
- PRINT MEDIA: Includes local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines, etc…
- TELEVISION & RADIO: Includes AM, FM, Satellite, Local and National TV
- INTERNET PRESS: Passes for Internet press will be issued on a very limited case by case basis. We have a limited amount of press passes for internet only press, making it difficult to grant passes to everyone who makes a request. In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria:
- The website you are associated with must have been active for at least two years.
- Content must be original and updated on a regular basis.
- Proven community involvement/support for New Mexico Comic Expo or other comic conventions around New Mexico.
- Outlet must have at least two verifiable social media pages with a minimum of 1,000 followers per source (Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram.)
- Sites deemed offensive or antagonistic towards our fandom, guests or the event will not be approved.
- Internet press is limited to four passes per web outlet, and pass holders must work for the website in question and have verifiable credits. Please don’t try and pass your friend off as a photographer for the site, it may lead to not ever being considered for press credentials in the future.
- PHOTOGRAPHERS: Photographers must have a history of work. Hobby photographers will not be approved.
NOTE: Having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. Interviews will be scheduled through Teresa Robinson. Interviews are subject to change due to a change in appearance. We value our featured guests and strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for them. We expect all those who receive press badges to also maintain this environment. If press badge holders fail to live up to this standard, New Mexico Comic & Film Expo reserves the right to revoke press badges for the current event as well as for future events. Please show respect not only for our featured guests, artists, and attendees but also New Mexico Comic & Film Expo.
To apply, click the “Press Pass Application” button at the top or bottom of the page. If you require any more information, please email Teresa Robinson at NMCEMedia@gmail.com.
MEDIA RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES
- Press Registration for New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ will close on Friday, June 3rd, 2022, at 11:59 PM (MST). There will be NO on-site Press Registration. If you applied for a Press Badge this year, you will hear back from NMCFE by Friday, June 10th, 2022.
- Any photos, videos, or audio collected by outlets at the Expo must be shared with New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™. Outlets will be expected to tag New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ (@NMComicExpo, #NMComicExpo) and New Mexico Entertainment (@NMEntertains, #NMEntertains).
- Your Press Badge does not allow early or special access, or guaranteed seating unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Your Press Badge does not allow you to cut lines.
- There is a limited supply of press credentials for this event. Credentials are issued on a first come, first serve basis. Once all available credentials are issued there will be NO more press passes available or issued.
- All Press/Media Registrations are subject to approval. You will be notified within the date range based on the date you submitted your registration if you have been approved for a Press Badge. If your registration is NOT approved, you will be notified and might be asked to submit additional credentials. If you have been approved, additional information regarding the Press Room and Badge distribution will be provided in your confirmation email.
- We highly recommend that you apply early as there is a chance that we will reach maximum capacity for Press Badges to New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ prior to the deadline.
- Once all Press Badges are allocated, no more will be released. Inappropriate or offensive behavior before or during the event will result in the loss of Press Badges for this show and all shows moving forward.
- Press credentials are good for all three days of the event. If you are approved for a Press Badge, a separate email will be sent to you with more information on times and days to pick up your credentials.
- There is a press room on site. Media will use this room for interviews, photos, and other media-related activities. The press room is for credentialed media members only. The Press Room has tables, chairs, power outlets to plug in and work from and charge cell phone batteries. Interviews will not be conducted on the Expo floor. Filming and podcast are allowed with prior approval.
- All New Mexico Comic & Film Expo™ media interview requests are made through Teresa Robinson. She can be reached at NMCEMedia@gmail.com or (505) 433-7791.
- Media interviews will be scheduled in advance. Failure to respect these wishes may lead to loss of press credentials for this convention and possibly future conventions.
- Media will not be allowed in the celebrity green rooms.
- Media will have access to all public rooms.
- Media will be admitted into panels as general admission as long as room capacity allows. There will not be a designated press entrance for panels, so please make your plans accordingly.
- Media can take photos or video during panels in the Kiva Auditorium on a case by case basis. We ask that you be courteous to attendees while taking video or photos and avoid standing in front of other fans that are in attendance. Individual celebrities and agents have the right to deny photos and video during panels. Failure to comply with these requests may result in a loss of press badge.
- For other panels in rooms 1 and 2, the media is welcome to record audio and video.
- Media is responsible for their own parking.